Frequently asked questions
If you don't have a Socialveo account, you can sign up for one in a few steps:
- Go to https://socialveo.co/registration
- Fill out the form with your name, email address, password and username
- Confirm your registration by clicking Sign Up for Socialveo
Once you sign up, you'll need to confirm your email address. We'll send you either an email to help you confirm your account.
To complete the signup process, we need to confirm that you own the email address you used to set up the account.
You can confirm your email address by opening the link in the email. Confirmation helps us know we're sending your account info to the right place.
To log into your Socialveo account:
- Go to https://socialveo.co/login and fill out the form with your email address or username
- Enter your password
- Click Log In
To log out of Socialveo:
- Click in the top right corner of any Socialveo page
- Select Log Out
If you know your current password, you can change it:
- Click in the top right corner of any Socialveo page and select Settings
- Select Change Password
- Type your current and new passwords
- Click Save
For recover your password:
- Go to the Socialveo login page and click Forgot password?
- Fill out the form with your email address
- Click Remind me password
- Follow the instructions provided by email
If you have requested a new password but didn't receive your password-reset email:
- Check the spam or junk mail folder in your email account
- Try to reset your password again
- If you still don't receive the email after requesting a password reset, wait 24 hours and try again
- If you're still not receiving your password-reset email after the trying the steps above, contact your Internet Service Provider to make sure they're not blocking email traffic coming from Socialveo
When you create a new password, make sure that it's at least 6 characters long. Try to use a complex combination of numbers, letters and punctuation marks.
If you see a message letting you know the password you entered isn't strong enough, try mixing together uppercase and lowercase letters or making the password longer.
The password you create should be easy for you to remember but hard for someone else to figure out. For extra security, your Socialveo password should be different than the passwords you use to log into other accounts, like your email or bank account.
If you don't think you'll use Socialveo again, you can request to have your account permanently deleted in your settings page. When you delete your account, people won't be able to see it on Socialveo. It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all of the things you've posted, like your photos, status updates or other data stored in backup systems. While we are deleting this information, it is inaccessible to other people using Socialveo. Some of the things you do on Socialveo aren't stored in your account. For example, a friend may still have messages from you even after you delete your account. That information remains after you delete your account.
To find your settings, click in the top right corner of any Socialveo page and select Settings. From here, you can select the option that contains the settings you want to adjust.
After you join Socialveo, there are a few ways to find your friends:
- Search for friends: You can search for your friends by typing their names in the search bar. When you find a friend, you can add them
- Import your contacts: You can import your contacts from other places (ex: your email account, your phone, other social networks ..) and we'll find your friends for you
When you import contact info, we may store that info and use it to suggest friends for you and others in the future.
To add a friend:
- Enter your friend's name in the search bar at the top of any Socialveo page.
- Click their name to go to their profile.
- Click Add Friend. You might not see this button on some people's profiles, depending on their privacy settings.
When you follow someone, you'll see their posts in your Homepage.
You may not be able to add someone as a friend because of their privacy settings. If you've already sent a friend request to someone, you can't send them a friend request again until they respond.
If you're interested in receiving updates from someone, you can following them.
You can post a new status from the top of your Profile or your Homepage. To post a status update:
- Type your update in the post box on your Profile or at the top of Homepage
- You can also: mentions someone, add a location, add a photo, video or file, add hashtags and emoticon
- Click Post
To post to a group, go to the group and then post a status update.
Group members get notified about all new posts in a group unless they choose to adjust their group notification settings. If group privacy is set to Private, Protected or Premium only group members will be able to see things that get posted in the group.
Emotions allows you to specify your response to a post (love, angry, excited, etc.). You can add an emotion simple by click emotions link under the post.
When you mention a person, Network or group in a post or comment, a link is created. The audience for the link that's created depends on the privacy settings of the person, Network or group you mention. For example, if you mention a secret group, only that group's members can see the link. The person, Network or group you mention may get a notification, and the post or comment may appear on their feed.
To mention someone in a post or comment:
- Type "@" and then the person's name or Network's or group's name
- Select a name from the list that appears
Keep in mind that depending on a privacy settings, you may not be able to mention.
Hashtags turn topics and phrases into clickable links in your posts. This helps people find posts about topics they're interested in. To make a hashtag, write # (the number sign) along with a topic or phrase and add it to your post. For example:
I love Socialveo! #Socialveo
When you click a hashtag, you'll see a feed of posts that include that hashtag. You may also see some related hashtags at the top of the page.
Please keep in mind:
- A hashtag must be written as a single word, without any spaces
- You can include numbers in a hashtag, but punctuation and special characters (like $ and %) won't work
- You can search for a hashtag using the search bar at the top of any page
- You'll only see posts that were shared with you
No, Socialveo doesn't let people track who views their profile.
No. Socialveo doesn't let you track who views your profile or your posts.
To view and adjust your privacy settings:
- Click in the top right corner of any Socialveo page and select Settings
- Select Profile Privacy
In privacy settings you can choose a specific audience. Your options include:
- Public: Anyone including people off of Socialveo can see your profile and your posts.
- Private: Just your connections can view your posts and your profile.
- Protected: Only you can see your posts and your profile.
Something that's public can be seen by anyone. That includes people who aren't your friends and people off of Socialveo.
Information you share that is always public: Some of the information you give us when you fill out your profile is public, such as your age range, language and country. We also use a part of your profile to help connect you with friends. Your Public information includes your name, username, profile picture and cover photo. This info is also public.
Information you share publicly: When you choose to share something with Public (ex: when you select Public from the privacy profile settings), it’s considered public information.
Stuff other people share: If other people share info about you, even if it's something you shared with them but did not make public, they can choose to make it public. Also when you comment on other people's public posts, your comment is public as well.
Posts on Networks: Anyone who can see the Network or Group can see your post or comment. Generally, when you post or comment on a Network or to a public group, a story can be published in Homepage as well as other places on or off Socialveo.
Public information can be associated with you, even off Socialveo and show up when someone does a search on Socialveo or on another search engine.
When you choose to delete something you shared on Socialveo, we remove it from the site. Some of this information is permanently deleted from our servers; however, some things can only be deleted when you permanently delete your account.
Depend on your privacy options. Only when your profile is Public your information is visible to everyone.
To create a group:
- Click in the top right corner of any Socialveo page and select Create Network
- Fill in the network's name and description, then select the type of Network (Group or Pages) and type of access (Public, Protected, Private or Premium)
- Click Create
When you create a network, if you select type of access you can choose a specific audience. Your options include:
- Public: Anyone including people off of Socialveo can see your group
- Private: Only members who are invited can join. This type of network is visible in searching, but posts are visible only to their member.
- Protected: Only members who are invited can join. This type of network is always invisible for no members, also from searching.
- Premium: This type of network require a paid access, recursive or one time fee. Useful for share premium contents.